For this I am thankful....



So... 2020 has been a challenge for all of us.  Between a hard fought fight for "The Soul of the Country" to 260,000 victims (so far) of a vicious pandemic, nothing was normal this year.

That said, now is the time to give thanks for blessings we have even in the worst of times.  Here's a few from my list:

1.  Essential workers.  Be they doctors, nurses and medical staff, first responders, the grocery store guys and gals who stock shelves on the graveyard shift, the staffs at nursing homes, and a gazillion others who go to work every despite the risks.

To all essential workers, my thanks to you.

2. To the families sifting through the ruins of covid, whether they have relatives suffering or even those whose family has lost a parent, a child, a brother, or a sister.  You have shown us how to suffer a loss with dignity.

Thanks.  I share your suffering; your grieving is my grieving.

3.  Those who have lost so much to the pandemic, as jobs change and disappear by the millions.  How do you put gas in your car"?  Pay your rent or house payment?  Feed your family?  I just don't know how you do the basic minimum in this environment.  

Thanks for all you have done.  I hope that all will turnout well for everyone whose income has disappeared.

4.  On a personal level, thanks to all my friends and family supporting me during a difficult time.  Thanks to my loving wife for her endless tasks to make things better for me.

You all know who you are.  I will never forget you.

5.  Finally, thank you to all the responsible citizens who follow the covid rules.  Social distancing of at least 6 feet.  Frequent hand washing for 20 seconds.  No large gatherings.  Wear a mask when out in public.  You are my people.  Thanks for setting a good example to keep us safe.


May your holiday be peaceful, meaningful, and safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NY TIMES DROPS TRUMP'S TAX SCAMS.

The Trump Brain Trust Includes Eric Trump. Good.

No. No way. This has to be fake news. Sadly, it's not