Mayor of Wichita KS threatened with murder. WHAT?


Roxie's family lives in Kansas, so I've got a lot more connection to that state than I ever expected.  From KU basketball (Rock Chalk, whatever that means) to the seeds of a red state slowly moving towards neutrality, things are changing.  Kansas now has a democratic governor. Being a democrat in Kansas elections is no longer the kiss of death.

That said, this is disturbing.  When I first saw this, I had a flashback to the 2009 murder of a Kansas abortion doctor.  Political assassinations are not unknown in Kansas.  These things happen in lots of places, but I'm particularly sensitive to those in Roxie's back yard. What really bothered me about this development though is the threat of murder over MASKS.  MASKS.  Really.  Murdering the mayor of Wichita over MASKS seems the height of stupidity.

Political assassination is rarely justified.  I lived through the JFK murder.  The RFK murder.  The MLK murder.  I've had it with assassinations.  But assassination for masks?  This is NOT normal. 

We are living on the brink of insanity.


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NY TIMES DROPS TRUMP'S TAX SCAMS.

The Trump Brain Trust Includes Eric Trump. Good.

No. No way. This has to be fake news. Sadly, it's not